This site is powered by the Media Production Department,
Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (MPD-SBMA)

----------------------------------------------------------------

19 November 2014

Gov’t, private sector tackle port congestion on Nov 27

Government officials would meet next week with various stakeholders in the Port of Manila to update them on the ongoing efforts to ease the port congestion and other concerns, Communications secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said yesterday.

Coloma said the meeting had been set for November 27 at the Manila Diamond Hotel with some 300 people representing the government, port operators and the private stakeholders like the importers, exporters and truckers are expected to attend.

Coloma said Cabinet Secretary Jose Rene Almendras would represent the government including members of the Departments of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), Transportation and Communications (DOTC), and Finance (DOF), Land Transportation Office (LTO), Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), Philippine Ports Authority (PPA), Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), Bureau of Customs (BOC) and the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA).

The congestion of the Manila Port had worsened over the past months following the imposition of a truck ban by the Manila local government early this year.

This resulted in use of the Ports of Batangas and Subic as an alternate port to Manila, and release of cargoes on Sundays, among others. (Malaya Business Insight)

http://www.malaya.com.ph/business-news/business/gov%E2%80%99t-private-sector-tackle-port-congestion-nov-27

0 comments: