Statement on resignation as SBMA Chairman and Administrator | SubicNewsLink

04 April 2023

Statement on resignation as SBMA Chairman and Administrator



I have formally tendered my courtesy resignation as Chairman and Administrator of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority, effective April 15, 2023, TO GIVE THE President A FREE HAND to choose who he deems best to steer the SBMA/ Subic Bay Freeport Zone to greater heights in terms of management and new business opportunities.

Despite having a fixed term of 6 years as provided in Republic Act 7227 or the Bases Conversion Development Act”, I shall adhere to instructions from the Office of the President as an obedient soldier and dedicated public servant. I trust the good judgement of the President as he knows better.

It has been a challenging yet fulfilling journey for me when I was appointed to the position last March 1, 2022, since the country was just graduating from the onslaught of the Covid19 pandemic. However, with the support of employees and stakeholders of the Subic Bay Freeport Zone, coupled with the “Fast, Friendly and Flexible” business motto which I have implemented to help locators get back on their feet, the SBFZ is now fast AND FIRMLY ON THE road to recovery and economic upturn.

My sincere gratitude goes to the men and women of the SBMA who have supported me in my brief but memorable and heartwarming time as their leader, mentor, friend and ally, and to the local and national leaders who have helped me realize my plans and programs for the Freeport.

My dedication and passion to serve the country does not end here.

I will always be of service to the public even in my capacity as a simple citizen of the Republic of the Philippines.

I am grateful. I am blessed. Godspeed!


Rolen C. Paulino

0 comments: